Since I'm a few months behind I'm going back and posting. I'm sorry if you become overloaded with all my posts. And don't worry, I won't feel bad if you don't read them all.
The first weekend in February Glendale has a Chocolate Affaire. I want to say this year was their 9th, but don't quote me on it. I actually had never heard of it before until I was talking with Camille (my cousin) who mentioned that their family was going that Friday. I looked it up and decided we should head out there Saturday after Ethan's nap since we had no plans.
We were all SO excited to go check it out.
As we were cruising around we came across a zip line. After watching one person go down Morgan was determined that she was going to go down. I showed her the sign with the height limit and that she was too short to go on the ride, but she was still adamant. Since she didn't except my answer she went up to two guys working it and told them she wanted a turn. They explained to her that she was too short and would end up getting stuck half way down the line. After she was still adamant they put the harness on her so she could see that it didn't fit her. She finally decided that she was too little still, but as you can tell, still not happy about it. For those curious about her wardrobe, she is wearing her favorite "crown" dress with the pants and hooded shirt that Nonna and Grandpa Couch gave her for Christmas.
Once we found the bouncy houses she decided that she was ok with not going on the zip line anymore. After about two minutes of bouncing she realized that it was too warm for the pants and hooded shirt.
Ethan decided it was more fun to watch the kids bounce then actually bounce himself.
Going through the obstacle course. Which Ethan also decided was more fun watching.
I figured for sure Ethan would do the slide because he loves to slide and he loves Cars. He still didn't want to go. Since we bought each of them three tickets, Ethan was going to use them. The person running the slide told me I could go down with Ethan. So we went down three times.
Morgan of course had no problem going down.
After all that fun, we walked over to Lenny's Burger Shop for dinner. The place was tiny and besides the four of us we had the double stroller, so as we were trying to figure out how to fit all four of us around a small table with two chairs outside, this very nice lady let us take the table she was sitting at and she went outside with the person she was with to sit at the small table outside. We were so grateful!
Ethan would have loved the Axiom. Give this boy a cup and straw with something besides water or regular milk and he will drink it down even before touching his food. There were lots of tears shed before we were able to convince him that the drink was not just his.
We were all so full from dinner, but you can't go to the Chocolate Affaire without getting chocolate. Morgan, Ethan, and I had a chocolate caramel pretzel and Dustin had the cheesecake dipped in chocolate. As you can see, Morgan really enjoyed hers.
When we left the house we forgot that even though it was nice out that once the sun went down it would get cold. Morgan didn't want to put her hooded shirt on so we gave it to Ethan. I felt bad since it is girly, but did not want him to get cold. We were there for only an hour after putting the shirt on him, but we still had quite a few people tell us how cute "she" was.
It was 8:00 before we headed home, so we thought both kids would pass out before we hit the freeway. That pretzel was enough sugar that Morgan talked the whole half hour drive home, and Ethan was up looking around. But it was definitely worth going. Thanks Camille for telling me all about it. Next year we should go together.















1 comment:
LOVE Morgan's outfit! haha!!! I'm so glad you guys had fun at the Chocolate Affaire. We SHOULD plan to go together next year. It would be fun!
Post a Comment