Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July, Geake Style

Growing up we always got up early on the 4th of July to go down to Provo to see the hot air balloons. Dustin asked me what was so neat about the balloons, and I told him he would just have to go and see for himself. We weren't sure how Morgan would do with us waking her up at 5:45 am, but she did great. She absolutely loved the balloons, and same with Dustin. Now he knows why we did this every year.






The wind kept coming and going throughout the morning, so only three balloons got in the air before the rest decided to give up. It was cool to see all the different balloons. Dustin got some really good pictures, but I am not allowed to post them on my blog because he is going to post them on his.


Growing up we always sat right outside the BYU Football Stadium to watch the fireworks. The shoot them off in the Baseball Field across the street from the stadium. We always just laid down on our blankets and the fireworks were right over our head. But then they tore down the buildings and took out the grass, so we started sitting outside the Marriott Center. The fireworks aren't right over our heads anymore, but we're still really close.


Dustin and I walked up to the truck to grab a blanket and save Katie and Clayton a spot to park. When we came back Morgan was passed out next to Grandma. Apparently she was eating licorice and started swaying back and forth, so Grandma layed her down on Connor's pillow and she passed out. When she woke up she went straight for more licorice.


Apparently, Tehya has a major crush on Clayton.


We had such a great time. I think we may try to make it a tradition to go up every year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We so wish we could have been there. But it better that we stayed and helped out with Jay's dad and mom.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I think that is an awesome tradition! I love the picture of Morgon crashed! Too cute! I love her dress!

We did the hot air balloons one year when I was a kid, and I remember thinking it was amazing!