I always assumed that the first time we would make a trip to the ER for someone hurting themselves it would be Morgan. She has always been our daredevil since the day she figured out how to climb on top of things.
Ethan has been going to nursery since February and still cries every time I leave. When I drop him off I make sure he's distracted with toys and then sneak out. He always starts crying shortly after I leave, but then his teachers are able to calm him down.
Four weeks ago I did the normal routine of dropping him off and sneaking out. I hung out near nursery, but far enough away that he couldn't see me if someone opened the door, but that I could make sure he calmed down. I heard him crying and then probably not even a minute later I hear one brother say, "Who's child is this?" "The Willis'." I just assumed they asked because he was so upset. Than that brother comes out and tells me Ethan just gashed his head open. Not really something you want to ever hear. What happened is a parent opened the door to leave and Ethan ran for the door. He tripped and ended up hitting his head on the door frame.
As someone went to go get Dustin, a retired nurse in our ward came in and looked at the gash and told me he needed stitches. Oh, and this is our patch job not the hospital's. Note for anyone going to Cardon's, a boy wearing a pink shirt will be assumed to be a girl even if he has a buzz cut.
Ethan was very calm prior to them stitching and gluing his head. He was content just watching cartoons. One thing I hope I never have to see any of my kids strapped to is a papoose board. They did give Ethan some drowsy medicine before stitches, and it had definitely kicked in. But as soon as they starting strapping him down he was screaming bloody murder. He screamed the entire time they stitched, and glued him up. Afterwards they gave him a popsicle. He tried to enjoy it, but the drowsy medicine hadn't worn off yet.
The one plus with getting hurt are the treats that people bring over. Thank you Aunt Stephie and Uncle Stephen; and Sis. Stephenson.
And a HUGE thanks to Monique and Shaunton for taking Morgan to your place after church, so we didn't have to take her to the hospital with us.
And I'm happy to report that today when I dropped Ethan off at Nursery he actually said, "Go Mommy," and pointed to the door. Please let this mean no more crying. Please!







1 comment:
oh man! You told me about this, but reading about it again just makes my heart break. poor guy.
Post a Comment